Latest Code

Musings of an Estranged Coder

Programming has always been a hidden passion for me... I mean aside from the exposure during my days in academia I haven't really purs...

Thursday 19 January 2017

Musings of an Estranged Coder

Programming has always been a hidden passion for me... I mean aside from the exposure during my days in academia I haven't really pursued my latent pull towards coding. Fast forward to 8 years later (aka now) even the most familiar terms from 8 years ago ring no bells regarding the logic involved.
Now, this is not to say I haven't tried in all these years. But aside from the "hello worlds" in a few different languages I really managed to make zero progress in building any solid logic solving programs.
Which was when I came across this video...
This managed to rekindle the flame of coding that was slowly dying inside me. Here is what it managed to do...
  • Introduced me to p5.js.
  • Demystified JavaScript for me.
  • Pushed me into making my first 2D interactive graphical program.
JavaScript happens to be one of the platforms that I have never managed to code on. But the video had such a concentrated dose of information that I was confident I could code in JS with p5.js by the end of it.
And as a first exercise I decided to complete what he started and created my first game Blockade::Snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment